How does it work?
Starting August 19, 2019, when you teach a lesson from Google's Applied Digital Skills (an online resource to teach and learn practical digital skills using free project-based video curriculum) to 50+ of your students and fill out our Classroom Rewards form, we’ll send you a $150 DonorsChoose.org gift code, while funds last.
How to qualify for the rewards
- Create your Applied Digital Skills Instructor account.
- You’ll need a Gmail/Google account to get started. (Don't have one? They're free and easy to create!)
- Select any Applied Digital Skills lesson to teach. If you’re looking for a recommendation, below is a list of new lessons - which can be done in as little as 45 minutes - made especially for Back to School:
- Create a Study Schedule to Meet Your Goals
- Manage Your Time with Google Sheets
- Schedule Emails for Goal-Setting
- Organize a Club with Google Sheets
- Create a Scrapbook
- Organize Files in Drive (i.e. to get organized for the year)
- Create a Presentation “All About a Topic” (i.e. “All About Me” as a way for students to introduce themselves to each other)
- Please note: To qualify for the rewards, you will teach your students an Applied Digital Skills lesson of your choosing. For example, you could teach “Create a Study Schedule to Meet Your Goals”, and go through each of the mini-lesson links within that lesson unit. You do not need to teach the entire curriculum.
- Follow the prompts to create a class, and enroll your learners with your unique class code:
- Teach the lesson unit you chose in Step 2 to 50+ of your students! Teaching the lesson should take about 30-45 minutes.
- Once your students have completed the lesson unit, take a screenshot of your Applied Digital Skills progress summary, showing that at least 50 of your students have completed 100% of the lesson. Here’s an example of what your progress summary should look like:
- Once you’ve completed the lesson unit, fill out this Classroom Rewards form. You’ll be asked to share the screenshot or pdf of the teacher dashboard mentioned in Step 5.
- Once we review and approve your Classroom Rewards form, we will send you your $150 DonorsChoose.org gift code, while funds last. Expect to receive your gift code within 2 weeks of submitting the Classroom rewards form.
Q1: I've started teaching students the unit but some are not showing up on my Instructor Dashboard. How do I add them into the class after they started?
A1: Please have your students rejoin by following the steps in this Help article.
Q2: I have fewer than 50 students in my class. Can I still participate in this Classroom Rewards opportunity?
A2: The threshold for earning the $150 DonorsChoose.org gift code is 50 students. You're welcome to combine classes or teach the same lesson to multiple classes to get up to 50 students; just make sure all 50+ students take the same unit and show up on the same section of your dashboard.
Q3: I have participated in an Applied Digital Skills Classroom Rewards opportunity before. Can I participate in this one?
A3: You may participate again, but please teach a different lesson than the one you taught in the previous Applied Digital Skills Classroom Rewards opportunity.
Q4: Is there another image I can use for the Classroom Rewards form to show that my students completed the lesson?
A4: You may also take a screenshot of your Applied Digital Skills teacher dashboard showing 50+ student stars. Please ensure that student names are not visible in the screenshot. Here’s what your dashboard should look like:
Have additional questions?
If you have a question about Applied Digital Skills itself, check out the Applied Digital Skills Help Center which includes all frequently asked questions.