Update: As of March 29, 2023, this funding opportunity has returned with updated qualification criteria!
Starting January 5th, 2022, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation, and so on.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- Teach in a 6th-8th grade classroom
- You haven't had a project funded since July 1, 2022
- Create a sports-related project, requesting equipment, uniforms, training gear, food or hygiene-related items for your middle schoolers. These materials can be for gym class, after-school sports activities/teams, or to help your students stay active at home.
- Request under $3,000 for your total project goal, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose
- Select ‘Gym & Fitness’ or ‘Team Sports’ as your project’s subject area
- You can only receive up to $3,000 in matching funds across all your projects
What won’t qualify:
- Projects for Professional Development, virtual class trips and virtual class visitors
- Projects with materials classified as ‘Instructional Technology’ and ‘Computers & Tablets’
With thanks to Tony the Tiger
Tony the Tiger and Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes® have always believed in the power of sport. So when they learned that school sports are disappearing at an alarming rate, they knew that something needed to be done. Together, we can help all kids be tigers.