Starting January 2nd, 2024, qualifying projects will receive a 2X match on new donations. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation, and so on.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. Once your project is approved and live on the site, you will see the match offer displayed on your project page.
How to qualify:
- Teach 6th - 8th grade
- Create a project in the Gym & Fitness OR Team Sports subject areas. Please ensure accurate representation and select the corresponding subject area only if it truthfully aligns with your project.
- Request under $3,000 for your total project goal, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose
What won’t qualify:
- Virtual class trips and virtual visitors, & professional development projects
- Instructional tech and Computers & Tablets
- Teachers who had a project funded this school year
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Is there a limit to the amount of matching funds I can receive?
Eligible teachers can receive up to $3,000 from this funding opportunity across all their eligible projects.
Q: Is there a limit to how expensive my project can be to qualify for this match?
This match only applies to projects with a total project goal under $3,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
Q: Are there any restrictions on which donations are matched?
All new donations to live projects are eligible for this match. Previous donations placed before the match offer's start date will not be matched.
Q: How can I edit my project?
If your project has not received any donations, you can make any edits you’d like by returning your project to a draft status. You can do this by heading over to the Projects section of your account and clicking on the "Return project to draft" button underneath your project title. Once your project is in draft status, you can make any edits and resubmit it. Then, it will be re-screened by our team and re-posted if eligible. Read more about editing your project.
With thanks to Mission Tiger
Tony has always believed in the power of sport. So when he learned that middle school sports are disappearing, he knew that something needed to be done. Together, we can help all kids play like tigers.