We are thrilled to announce that Chevron Fuel Your School will be returning for the 2019 school year in the 16 regions listed below! Chevron’s Fuel Your School program makes it easy for local communities to help generate up to $5 million for public schools in 16 U.S. markets. Eligible projects will have the chance to be fully funded as part of the Chevron Fuel Your School campaign.
The regions listed below will each be awarded a different amount of funding, in accordance with their local Chevron market activity. Projects in these regions will continue to receive full funding on a weekly basis until the funding cap is reached.
Please note: Not all schools in the following regions are eligible for this year’s Fuel Your School campaign. Check your school’s eligibility.
Fuel Your School regions: (hit control + f on your keyboard and type in your city or county to see if you are eligible this year)
- Yuma (AZ)
- Fresno County (CA)
- Humboldt County (CA)
- Monterey County (CA)
- The Select Cities of the East Bay (CA)
- The Select Cities in and around the South Bay area of Los Angeles County (CA)
- The Select Cities of Kern County (CA)
- Miami and Hialeah (FL)
- Boise, Meridian and Nampa (ID)
- The select Parishes of Louisiana (LA)
- Jackson, Harrison and Hancock Counties, Mississippi; Lucedale, Mississipi; and Mobile, Alabama (the “select Gulf Coast counties of Mississippi, Lucedale, MS and Mobile, Alabama”)
- Hobbs, Carlsbad and Santa Fe (NM)
- Austin (TX)
- The Select Cities and Neighborhoods of the Greater Houston Area (TX)
- Midland, Odessa, and Greenwood (TX)
- The Select Cities of Davis and Salt Lake counties (UT)
How to qualify
- If you teach in an eligible school in one of the regions listed above are in one of the regions listed above, submit a project on September 30, 2019 starting at 9pm EDT / 6pm PDT for the best possible chance of receiving funding.
- Although projects submitted at 9pm EDT / 6pm PDT on September 30, 2019 have the best chance at receiving Fuel Your School funds, projects submitted through October 31 at 11:59pm EDT / 8:59pm PDT will be eligible for the campaign as long as funding remains in your region.
- Only your first submitted materials project between September 30, 2019 and October 31, 2019 will be eligible; if you submit more than one project in this time frame, only the first one that meets the Fuel Your School criteria will be eligible.
- Keep your project’s materials cost under $1000.
- Projects that qualify for other funding opportunities (like Match Offers) are eligible.
- Professional Development, pre-k, class trips, and class visitors are not eligible.
How funding works
Once you’ve submitted a project that meets the Fuel Your School criteria, here’s what you can expect the campaign to look like:
- Projects will be funded once per week on a school-rotation basis in the order they were submitted throughout October.
- Submitting an eligible project does not guarantee funding for your project, and projects submitted on September 30, 2019 will have the very best chance of receiving funding.
- Although not required, Chevron loves seeing projects requesting STEM resources.
- Projects submitted after October 31 at 11:59pm EDT / 8:59pm PDT will not be eligible for funding.
- Funding will continue through November 8, 2019, or until funds for each region have been exhausted.
Q1: My project was submitted before 9:00pm EDT on September 30, 2019. Can I change the submission date?
A1: We’re not able to change the submission date on your project, but as long as you submit a new project before October 31, 2019 at 11:59pm EDT / 8:59pm PDT, you can get in on the action! Read the instructions on how to remove your live project and how to create a new version.
Q2: My project is over $1000! Am I still eligible?
A2: As long as your materials cost (which does not include fees, taxes, or the suggested donation) does not exceed $1000, you’re good to go! To make sure you’ve requested the right amount, head to your project page, scroll to “Where Your Donation Goes,” and make sure the materials cost line does not exceed $1000. If it does, read the instructions on how to remove your live project and how to create a new version.
Q3: I posted my project on 9/30/19 at 9pm EDT / 6pm PDT. I did everything correctly. Will my project get funded?
A3: You’ve got a great shot at getting Fuel Your School funding! Funding will circulate around each eligible region, funding one project per school in each funding rotation. If you were the first to post a Fuel Your School project at your school, odds are good that your project will receive funding. If teachers at schools near you posted after you, their project may get funded before yours if they were the first teacher at their school to post a project for Fuel Your School.
Q4: How can I make sure that my region gets as much funding as possible?
A4: From October 1-31, every time you fill up 8 gallons at a participating Chevron or Texaco station, $1 will go to classrooms in that region. Each region can raise up to the amount listed above.
See complete rules for Fuel Your School at www.fuelyourschool.com.