Update 8/14/2019: Funding for this match offer has been fully applied to eligible projects, and donations are no longer being matched. We will update this page if additional funding becomes available.
An Anonymous Funder is matching donations to projects from teachers of color, women STEM educators, and projects that help students see their diverse identities reflected in their teacher’s curriculum. This is part of #ISeeMe, a larger effort to help all students see themselves in their learning environments. Read more about #ISeeMe in our blog.
What kind of match?
Starting 8/5/19, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X Match from an Anonymous Funder. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation, thanks to support from an Anonymous Funder.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- There are three ways to qualify for this match from an Anonymous Funder:
- You are a teacher of color who has completed the demographic survey, and you have a live, approved project on DonorsChoose.org.
- You are a female teacher who has completed the demographic survey, and you have a live, approved project on DonorsChoose.org with a Math & Science subject area.
- You are a teacher of any background with a live, approved project on DonorsChoose.org that explains how your requested resources or experiences will help students see themselves in your curriculum.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What are examples of projects that help a curriculum reflect students’ identities?
A1: Here are some of our favorite projects that fall into that category:
- Dolls and Adaptive Equipment to Promote Diversity, from Ms. S
- Free to Be Me! Books that Celebrate All Gender Identities, from Ms. G
- Art of Coaching Conference, from Ms. H
Q2: If I have a live, approved project that helps a curriculum reflect students’ identities, do I need to have filled out the demographic survey in order to receive the Match?
A2: No, you do not need to have filled out the demographic survey to qualify for this category.
Q3: Are professional development projects eligible for this Match Offer?
A3: Yes! We especially love professional development projects that train teachers to be culturally responsive and/or help teachers teach tolerance in the classroom.
With thanks to an Anonymous Funder
As part of the #ISeeMe Campaign, an Anonymous Funder is proud to support teachers who promote learning environments reflecting the diverse identities of their students. They are excited to match these #ISeeMe projects on our site!