What kind of match?
Starting June 17, 2019, all qualifying projects will receive a 3X Match. That means a $20 donation will become a $60 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- You have never had a project fully funded on DonorsChoose.org.
- You teach in a 9th-12th grade classroom in one of the following Bay Area, California counties:
- San Mateo
- San Francisco
- Santa Clara
- Contra Costa
- Select a “Math & Science” subject area.
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite Bay Area STEM projects:
- Creature Comforts in the Classroom, from Ms. P
- Discovering Genetics, from Mr. H
- AP Test Prep for the Pros!, from Ms. S
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How much money can I request for this match?
A1: Keep your total project goal under $2,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org.
With thanks to A STEM Advocate in the Bay Area
A STEM Advocate in the Bay area wants to say thanks to teachers for all that they do! They are excited to match these STEM projects on our site, and they hope teachers will spread the word of the Match Offer and DonorsChoose.org in their schools, so that more students receive the resources they need to learn!