What kind of match?
Starting April 15, 2019, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X Match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- You teach in a school where over half the students come from low-income households.
- Keep your total project goal under $600, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org.
- Create a project promoting environmental science and/or Earth Day, including topics such as gardening, recycling, composting, plastic waste, and waste reduction.
- Select Environmental Science as your subject area.
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite environmental projects:
- BIG Can O'Worms - First Graders Learn to Compost!, from Ms. G
- No More Plastic Bottles, Let's Help Our Planet! Part 2, from Ms. T
- Engineer an Urban Garden, from Ms. C S
With thanks to The Johnson Ohana Foundation
The Johnson Ohana Foundation was founded by Kim and Jack Johnson to support environmental, art, and music education. The Johnson Ohana Foundation believes strongly in fostering environmental stewardship and service learning opportunities in the classroom. They are excited to match these environmental and Earth Day projects on our site as part of their Earth Day Match!