What kind of match?
Bring your PowerMyLearning Family Engagement Innovators project to life at a fraction of the cost thanks to a 5X Match from The Morgridge Family Foundation. That means a $20 donation will become a $100 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- You teach in a 3rd-8th grade classroom.
- Create a Standard project and shop through AKJ Education through the DonorsChoose.org vendor list (under the "What" section of project creation). Search for “PowerMyLearning” (Note: PowerMyLearning is one word), which will take you to the “PowerMyLearning Family Engagement Innovators Program” item page.
- Only projects exclusively requesting one of this item will be considered for the match offer. Projects requesting any other items will not qualify.
What is the PowerMyLearning Family Engagement Innovators Program?
Designed for teachers in grades 3-8, the PowerMyLearning Family Engagement Innovators Program includes professional development and 12-months of access to PowerMyLearning's award-winning Family Playlists®— a multilingual, mobile-friendly homework innovation that leverages the “learning by teaching” strategy to have students teach what they are learning to a family partner at home. The research-based innovation has proven impact on student understanding and social emotional learning: students using Family Playlists made statistically significant gains in math proficiency equivalent to four additional months of learning. Participating teachers have access to over 200 pre-built, standards-aligned playlists across subjects. Featured in the The New York Times and EdSurge, Family Playlists are available in over 100 languages, and require no parent email or app download, making it easy for all families to participate!
Teachers receive professional development around family engagement including a launch webinar, personalized 1:1 follow-up sessions, and access to quarterly webinars. After attending the professional development sessions, teachers receive an official Certificate of Completion. The fundraising teacher can extend this program to 4 other teachers at their school!
Receiving the Program
Once your project is fully funded, you will be invited via email to attend an initial online professional development webinar, with key information about the program.
- PowerMyLearning will send program information to the email address associated with your DonorsChoose.org account with the subject line, “Family Engagement Innovator Next Steps” —this email will include a registration link for the initial webinar.
- PowerMyLearning will provide your activation information for Family Playlists on PowerMyLearning Connection: School Edition during the webinar.
- This is a professional development program that includes a free license for PowerMyLearning’s online platform; there are no physical materials that will be mailed to your schools.
With thanks to The Morgridge Family Foundation
The Morgridge Family Foundation believes that meaningful family engagement is a critical part of student success and are excited to see the impact that the PowerMyLearning program is going to have on students and their families nationwide!