What kind of match?
Bring your PowerMyLearning Family Engagement Innovators project to life at a fraction of the cost thanks to a 2X Match from The Morgridge Family Foundation. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- You teach in a 3rd-8th grade classroom.
- Create a Standard project and shop through AKJ Education through the DonorsChoose.org vendor list (under the "What" section of project creation). Search for “PowerMyLearning” (Note: PowerMyLearning is one word), which will take you to the “PowerMyLearning Family Engagement Innovators Program” item page.
- Only projects exclusively requesting one of this item will be considered for the match offer. Projects requesting any other items will not qualify.
What is the PowerMyLearning Family Engagement Innovators Program?
Through PowerMyLearning, teachers learn how to incorporate groundbreaking strategies for engaging families in learning that integrate seamlessly into instructional plans. The PowerMyLearning Family Engagement Innovators Program is designed for teachers in grades 3-8 and includes a group launch webinar, personalized 1:1 follow-up session, access to quarterly professional development webinars for 12 months, and 12 months of free access to PowerMyLearning's Family Playlists™, for themselves and up to 4 other teachers at their school. Teachers who attend the professional development sessions will receive an official Certificate of Completion.
Family Playlists are multilingual, mobile-friendly homework assignments that deepen students’ understanding and strengthen their social-emotional learning by having them teach what they are learning to a family partner at home.
Receiving the Program
Once your project is fully funded, you will be invited via email to attend an initial online professional development webinar, where the PowerMyLearning team will walk you through the Family Engagement Innovators Program product and review best practices in family engagement. Important Program Notes:
- PowerMyLearning will send program information to the email address associated with your DonorsChoose.org account with the subject line, “Family Engagement Innovator Next Steps” —this email will include a registration link for the initial webinar.
- PowerMyLearning will provide your activation information for Family Playlists on PowerMyLearning Connection: School Edition during the webinar.
- This is a professional development program that includes a free license for PowerMyLearning’s online platform; there are no physical materials that will be mailed to your schools.
With thanks to The Morgridge Family Foundation
The Morgridge Family Foundation believes that meaningful family engagement is a critical part of student success and are excited to see the impact that the PowerMyLearning program is going to have on students and their families nationwide!