Update 6/28/19: Funding for this match offer has been fully applied to eligible projects, and donations are no longer being matched. We will update this page if additional funding becomes available. We are thrilled to see all of the amazing mindSpark projects our teacher community created!
What kind of match?
All qualifying projects will receive a 3X Match. That means a $20 donation will become a $60 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- Create a professional development trip project requesting funding to attend any mindSpark Learning institute. Check out mindSpark Learning’s different institutes here.
- In the “What” section of the project creation process, select “Trips” and then “Pre-packaged trips” to see the full list of mindSpark Learning institute options. Pay attention to the title, location, and date to make sure you’ve selected the correct institute.
- Once you’ve selected your institute, you will have the option to add additional costs. You may request up to $500 total for reimbursements for food, transportation, and lodging. You will only be reimbursed for the costs you add to your project. Remember to:
- Select food, transportation, and lodging as separate types of reimbursements.
- Label each type of expense with the name of the individual company from which you will be purchasing. Do not list mindSpark as the company name for food, transportation, and lodging costs. If you end up using a different airline or hotel when you purchase these, that's okay.
- You do not need to upload price quotes or payment documents for these reimbursements when creating your project - we'll prompt you for those once your project is fully funded.
- Keep your requests within the reimbursement maximum.
- Keep your receipts. We will ask you to purchase these items yourself and then submit your receipts for reimbursement.
- Submit your project at least 2 months before your chosen institute date.
Registering for the institute:
For this Match Offer, you do not need to register for the institute. After your project is fully funded, we will share your contact information with mindSpark Learning and get you registered. The mindSpark Learning team will reach out to you directly to make sure you are all set!
With thanks to Morgridge Family Foundation
Morgridge Family Foundation believes that all teachers should have access to meaningful professional development opportunities. They are thrilled to support these teachers in improving their craft and can't wait to see all of the ways that they will bring what they learn back to their students and school communities through mindSpark Learning institutes!