This year, the Limeades for Learning voting period will take place between October 1st and October 28th. Up to $1,000,000 will be applied to projects this fall as part of the program.
Here’s how voting works:
- Donors vote for their favorite project once per day, per e-mail address, at www.limeadesforlearning.com
- Get a code that counts for 2 votes (yes, 2!) by visiting your local SONIC Drive-In and making a purchase
- Vote online ten times and get two extra vote codes via email
Each week (October 8th through October 29th) SONIC will fund up to $250,000 towards the projects that received the most votes.
Teachers: Here's how you can get your project involved on Limeades for Learning:
- Choose the SONIC Teacher affiliation in your account. Learn how.
- Post a project! Keep the total project goal under $600 for the chance to get full funding.
- Your projects will automatically be included on the Limeades For Learning site (if you don't see it, give it 1-2 days).
- Encourage your friends, family, and local community members to vote for your project starting on October 1st.
- Funding will be allocated each week to the projects that receive the most votes.
- Each project will receive a maximum of $600 in funding. If your project needs more than $600 to complete, it will remain on DonorsChoose.org, where other donors can contribute.
- Only one project per teacher will be funded each week. If more than one of your projects is a top vote-getter in a given week, one will be funded and the other will retain its vote total for the next week, making it very likely to be funded again.
How many votes does it take to get funded?
Good question! We'll update this page each Monday (after we pull the numbers on Sunday night) with the number of votes it took to get funding.
Week 1 (October 8th): 850
Week 2 (October 15th): 1,525
Week 3 (October 22nd):
Week 4 (October 29th):