Update 10/31/19: As of 7:30 PM ET on 10/30/19, funding for this Match Offer has been fully applied to eligible projects, and donations are no longer being matched. We will update this page if additional funding becomes available.
Update 10/30/19: Thanks to everyone who participated in SONIC Drive-In’s Limeades for Learning Fall Voting campaign. To help teachers who didn’t receive funding get closer to a fully funded project, SONIC Drive-In is doing a 2X Match for all SONIC teachers who had a project approved and posted live on the site on or before 10/27/19 at 11:59 PM ET, while funds last!
This year, the SONIC Limeades for Learning Fall Voting campaign will take place between September 30 and October 27th. Up to $1,000,000 will be applied to projects this fall as part of the program.
Here’s how voting works:
- The public can vote for their favorite project once per day, per e-mail address, at www.limeadesforlearning.com.
- SONIC Drive-In guests can get a code that counts for 2 votes (yes, 2!) by visiting their local SONIC Drive-In and making a purchase.
- Vote online ten times and get three extra vote codes via email.
Each week (October 7 through October 28) SONIC will fund up to $250,000 towards the projects that received the most votes.
Teachers: Here's how you can get your project involved on Limeades for Learning:
- Choose the SONIC Teacher affiliation in your account. Learn how to affiliate yourself.
- If you don’t already have a project live, post one! Keep the total project goal under $600 for the chance to get full funding.
- Once your project is approved and posted live on our site, your project will automatically be included on LimeadesforLearning.com (if you don't see it right away, give it 1-2 days).
- Encourage your friends, family, and local community members to vote for your project starting on Monday, September 30.
- Funding will be allocated every Monday at 4pm EST during Fall Voting to the projects that receive the most votes.
- Each project will receive a maximum of $600 with support from SONIC Drive-In. If your project needs more than $600 to complete, it will remain on DonorsChoose.org, where other donors can continue to donate to the project.
- Only one project per teacher will be funded each week. If more than one of your projects is a top vote-getter in a given week, one will be funded and the other will retain its vote total for the next week, making it very likely to be funded later in the campaign.
How many votes does it take to get funded?
Good question! We'll update this page every Monday night (after we pull the numbers on Sunday night) with the lowest number of votes it took to get funding that week.
Week 1 (October 7): 801
Week 2 (October 14): 1,476
Week 3 (October 21): 1,601
Week 4 (October 28): 2,046