Update 10/16/18: Winners for this challenge have been selected and will be notified this week! We'll post the winning projects here once we've contacted all winning teachers.
As part of this year’s Fuel Your School campaign, Chevron is supporting Jackson County, Mississippi teachers’ most creative maker projects with an Chevron Maker Contest on STEM Maker projects. Jackson County teachers who create qualifying STEM projects for the Chevron Fuel Your School campaign will be eligible to be considered for one of 3 DonorsChoose.org gift card rewards: $5000 for the first place project, $2500 for the second place project, and $1000 for the third place project. Chevron Maker projects will also be eligible for full funding through the Fuel Your School campaign.
What’s a Chevron Maker project, you ask? Anything that gets your students tinkering, building, designing, sketching, prototyping, taking things apart, and/or problem solving! Judges will review all qualifying submissions for creativity, innovation, and originality using the rubric below.
Here’s how to create a qualifying Chevron Maker project:
- Make sure you’re listed as a K-12 teacher in Jackson County, MS; pre-K projects won’t qualify
- Finalists of this of this contest will need to be present at the Maker Contest Finale at the Fab Lab in Pascagoula, so make sure you’re available on November 6, 2018
- Enter the campaign code CHEVRONMAKER when you get started creating your project
- Create a materials project (Class Trip, Class Visitor, and Professional Development projects do not qualify) to submit between 9/30/18 and 10/7/18
- Request resources that help your students innovate and make STEM solutions
- Keep your materials cost under $1000
- Be sure to not submit your project before 9/30/18
If your project meets the criteria above, it’ll be eligible for funding through Fuel Your School and for consideration in the Jackson County Chevron Maker Contest. See the official rules here.