Starting September 24, 2018, your music project can come to life at half the cost thanks to matched donations from Yamaha Corporation of America. Yamaha is dedicated to supporting music educators, many of whom exemplify Yamaha’s philosophy of “sharing passion and performance.” They’re excited to support middle and high school non-instrument projects for music classes, clubs, and programs with this 2X match offer!
Here’s how to qualify:
- You must teach 6th-12th grade students to qualify for this match.
- Start a new project and make sure to enter the campaign code "YAMAHA" by clicking "Apply a campaign code."
- Create a project requesting non-instrument music items. You may request instruments in your project as well, but the majority of your project cost must be non-instrument items.
- The materials you request should be used in a music class, program or club. Materials for general classrooms or Music History classes are not eligible.
- You may request technology items for this classroom project. Class trip or visitor requests, however, are not eligible.
- Keep your project total under $1,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org.
- Select Music & the Arts as your subject area.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched one-to-one as long as funding remains.