We are thrilled to announce that Chevron Fuel Your School will be returning for the 2018 school year in the 17 regions listed below! Chevron’s Fuel Your School program makes it easy for local communities to help generate up to $6 million for public schools in 17 U.S. markets with the help of local Chevron and Texaco marketers in seven markets. Eligible projects from the regions below will have the chance to be fully funded as part of the Chevron Fuel Your School campaign. Read more below on how funding will be distributed!
To qualify for the possibility of full funding, make sure your school is in one of the regions below (hint: hit control + f and type in your city or county to see if you’re eligible this year), and create a project requesting $1000 or less in materials.
The regions listed below will each be awarded a different amount of funding, in accordance with their local Chevron market activity. Projects in these regions will continue to receive full funding on a weekly basis until the cap is reached.
Fuel Your School regions:
- Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska
- Yuma County, Arizona
- California markets:
- Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
- Fresno County
- Kern County
- Monterey County
- North Coast
- Del Norte County
- Humboldt County
- Lake County
- Mendocino County
- San Joaquin County
- Select cities in the South Bay area of LA (Carson, Compton, Culver City, El Segundo, Gardena, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Inglewood, Lawndale, Lennox, Lomita, Long Beach, Manhattan Beach, Mar Vista, Marina Del Rey, Playa Del Rey, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills Estates, Santa Monica, Westchester, and Torrance)
- Miami-Dade County, Florida
- Ada and Canyon Counties, Idaho
- Louisiana markets:
- Jefferson, Lafayette, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Tammany, Terrebonne, Vermillion, St. Bernard, St. Charles, and Cameron parishes
- Jackson County, Mississippi
- Jackson and Josephine County, Oregon
- Texas markets:
- Ector County
- Harris County
- Midland County
- Utah markets:
- Davis County
- Salt Lake County
- Utah County
Here’s how to create an eligible Fuel Your School project:
- If you’re in one of the regions above, create a project on September 30, 2018 starting at 9pm EDT / 6pm PDT for the best possible chance of receiving funding. Only projects submitted after September 30 will be eligible.
- Keep your project’s materials cost under $1000.
- Although projects submitted at 9pm EDT / 6pm PDT on September 30, 2018 have the best chance at receiving Fuel Your School funds, projects submitted through October 31, 11:59 PM EDT will be eligible for the campaign as long as funding remains in your region.
- Only your first submitted materials project between September 30, 2018 and October 31, 2018 will be eligible; if you submit more than 1 in this time frame, only the first one that meets the Fuel Your School criteria will be eligible.
- Professional Development, pre-k, class trips, and class visitors are not eligible.
- Projects that qualify for other match offers are eligible.
Once you’ve submitted a project that meets the Fuel Your School criteria, here’s what you can expect:
- Projects will be funded once per week on a school-rotation basis in the order they were submitted.
- Submitting an eligible project does not guarantee funding for your project, and projects submitted on September 30, 2018 at 9:00 pm EDT / 6:00 PM PDT will have the very best chance of receiving funding.
- Although not required, Chevron loves seeing projects requesting STEM resources.
- Projects submitted after October 31, 2018 at 11:59pm EDT will not be eligible for funding.
- Funding will continue through November 3, 2018, or until funds for each region have been exhausted.
FAQ on Fuel Your School, after 9/30/18:
My project was submitted before 9:00:00 EDT on 9/30/18. Can I change the submission date?
We’re not able to change the submission date on your project, but as long as you submit a new project by October 31st, you can get in on the action! Here are some instructions to remove your project and create a new version.
My project is over $1,000! Am I still eligible?
As long as your materials cost (which does not include taxes, vendor or order fulfillment fees or any suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org) does not exceed $1,000, you’re good to go! To make sure you’ve requested the right amount, head to your project page, scroll to “Where Your Donation Goes,” and make sure the Materials cost line does not exceed $1,000. If it does, here are some instructions to remove your project and create a new, lower cost version.
I submitted my project on 9/30/18. I did everything correctly. Will my project get funded?
You’ve got a great shot at getting Fuel Your School funding! Funding will rotate among each eligible market, funding one project per school in each funding rotation. If you were the first to post a Fuel Your School project at your school, odds are good that your project will receive funding. If teachers at schools near you posted after you, their project may get funded before yours if they were the first teacher at their school to post a project for Fuel Your School.
How can I make sure that my market gets as much funding as possible?
From October 1-31, every time you fill up 8 gallons or more at a participating Chevron or Texaco station, $1 will be donated to help fund classroom projects in that market, up to that market’s cap.
See complete Fuel Your School rules at www.fuelyourschool.com.