Update 9/10/18: As of 9/8 funding for this match offer has been fully applied to eligible projects and donations are no longer being matched. We are thrilled to see all of the amazing projects created to promote clean and healthy classrooms! We will update this page if additional funding becomes available.
Update 9/5/18: Funding for this opportunity is running low. We anticipate all funding will be applied to eligible projects within the next week or so. If you have a project idea in the works, submit as soon as possible for the best chance to receive matched donations!
Clorox wants to help teachers make sure their classrooms are clean, healthy, and well-equipped for the new school year. That’s why they’re supporting one-to-one matched donations on qualifying Health & Wellness or Nutrition projects across the country in schools where more than half of students are from low income households.
Here’s how to qualify:
- More than half of your students are from low income households.
- Create a project requesting resources to make your classroom a healthy, clean, and nutritious place to learn.
- In your essay, talk about how the resources you've requested will make your classroom clean and healthy.
- Keep your total project goal under $500.
- Select Health & Wellness or Nutrition Education as your subject area.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched as long as funding remains.
Need inspiration? Here are some of our favorite examples of healthy, clean, and nutritious classroom projects:
- Every Day Counts: Help Us Stay Healthy at School! From Mrs. Callahan
- Make Our Classroom a Healthy and Clean Place to Learn! From Mrs. Coats