Update 9/12/2018: Funds for this opportunity are running low, and we expect them to run out in the next few days. Qualifying projects will continue to receive matched donations until funding runs out.
Update 9/11/2018: No new projects can be submitted for this match offer. If your project has already been submitted, it will be reviewed by our team in order of submission and considered for the match offer. Any projects currently qualifying will continue to receive matched donations until funding runs out.
Starting September 4, projects that foster compassion for animals and other living things can receive tripled donations from the Stone family. Biz and Livia Stone care deeply about animal welfare and conservation, and they are eager to support teachers in building a culture of compassion for animals in their classrooms!
Donations to qualifying projects will be tripled, turning a $10 donation into a $30 donation, thanks to support from the Stone family.
Here’s how to qualify:
- Enter the campaign code ANIMALS when you get started with your project.
- Create a project that will help you teach about animal welfare or compassion for living things in a hands-on way. Dissection projects are not eligible.
- Describe how the resources or experiences you’re requesting for your students will provide a lasting lesson about compassion for animals or conservation.
- Keep your total project goal under $1,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org.
- You can create more than one project, but you can only access up to $3,000 from this 3X Match offer.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched two-to-one as long as funding remains.
Need inspiration? Here are some of our favorite examples: