Update 2/19/2019: Funding for this match is running low. We anticipate all funding will be applied to eligible projects within the next 2 weeks. If you have a project idea in the works, submit as soon as possible for the best chance to receive matched donations!
Starting June 27, Arkansas projects that explore economics or financial literacy can come to life at half the cost thanks to matched donations from Economics Arkansas. The mission of Economics Arkansas is to promote economic literacy and the economic-way of thinking to Arkansas PreK-12 students by empowering educators to teach real life economics.
As part of this campaign, teachers can also request The Stock Market Game, which gives students first-hand experience with investing. As your student teams participate, , they’ll gain a fundamental understanding of investing and how they might get their money to return a profit for them. Requests for The Stock Market Game will be created as Special Request projects.
Here’s how to qualify:
- You teach in Arkansas.
- If you’d like to request The Stock Market Game for your classroom, enter the campaign code STOCKMARKET to get special instructions for your Special Request project as you create it--and read more below! (Not requesting this game? No need for a campaign code!). You'll need to submit your project before September 5th if you're requesting the Stock Market Game.
- Create a project that gets your students engaged with economics and increases their financial literacy.
- Select Financial Literacy as your subject.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched as long as funding remains.
Creating a Special Request for The Stock Market Game? Here’s what you need to know:
- Register for the games here. Questions about registering? Contact email@example.com.
- Enter the campaign code STOCKMARKET to get special instructions for your Special Request project as you create it.
- For this project, you’ll need to have 6 points in your account to request the game, so contact us if you aren’t able to follow the instructions below.
- When you reach the “What” stage, you’ll be able to select “Create a special request” at the bottom of the page. (Don’t see it? Contact us.)
- Upload your payment document you receive from Economics Arkansas.
- Submit your project by September 5th to be able to participate in the this year’s Stock Market Games.