Update 5/24/18: We shut off this match offer at 9:59 AM EST this morning, thanks to a little extra funding! Donations made before that time were matched by our anonymous donor.
On May 23, a member of the DonorsChoose.org community will be matching all donations to projects that give students experience with the Arts both in and out of the classroom. Whether your classroom needs instruments, pottery wheels, paintbrushes, or papier-mâché, you can help your classroom spring into the arts on May 23 with a dollar-for-dollar match to every donation you fundraise.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Create a project that requests materials or experiences to make or perform art. (If you already have one live, that’s awesome. Skip to the last two bullets!)
- Select a subject under Music & The Arts.
- Your project must be live on or before May 23 to receive matched donations. It generally takes our volunteers 5 days to screen a project, so projects submitted today will likely not be able to qualify.
- On May 23, donations to live art projects will be matched from 7:00 AM EST to 3:00 AM EST May 24.
- If you’re a donor, keep an eye out for art projects that inspire you, and make your donation go twice as far on May 23!
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project on May 23 from 7:00 AM EST to 3:00 AM EST May 24. The match offer won’t appear on your project during Friends and Family Pre-funding, and donations made during that time will only be matched if your project is approved before or during the Spring Into The Arts timeframe.
Frequently asked questions about Spring Into The Arts:
Does my project qualify?
If your project includes the subject Music, Visual Arts, or Performing Arts, you're good to go! You'll only need to select one of these to qualify. You can check out the subjects you chose on the right side of your project page:
Is there a cap to how much each donor can give with this match, or a price cap to how much a qualifying project can cost?
No limit! This match offer will match any donation made to a live, qualifying project on May 23rd from 7:00 AM EST to 3:00 AM EST on May 24. While there's no price cap to this opportunity, we know that most teachers request about $600 in materials or experiences, and projects with a total project goal of less than $1000 have the best chance at being fully funded.