Update 5/24/18: All available funding for this opportunity has been applied to eligible projects and the Match Offer is no longer available.
To celebrate all that teachers do, Herb Kohl Philanthropies kicked off Teacher Appreciation Week with the gift of funding all one live Wisconsin project per teacher. To keep the joy and appreciation of all that teachers do going, they’re also tripling the impact of donations to projects that promote social and emotional learning starting today! By providing students with evidence-based curriculum to aid in their social and emotional development, Herb Kohl Philanthropies aims to help your students grow into kind, brave, compassionate adults.
Here’s how to qualify:
- You teach in Wisconsin.
- Enter the campaign code WISCONSIN when you start your project by clicking “Apply a campaign code.”
- Request resources or experiences that give your students mechanisms to develop socially and emotionally.
- Keep your total project goal under $1,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org.
- In your essay, tell your future donors how your project will give your students increased social, emotional, and/or mental wellness.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched two-to-one as long as funding remains.
Need inspiration? Here are some of our favorite Social Emotional Learning ideas:
- Social Emotional Learning is Essential in Early Years from Mrs. Arteaga-Hernandez
- Social Emotional Learning! from Ms. Harris
- If you’re looking for more inspiration, the Collaborative for Academic Social and Emotional Learning (https://casel.org/) is a good resource on evidence based programs.
Note: Although you won’t be able to create a project for it due to date and fundraising restrictions, the Herb Kohl Philanthropies team recommend the Social and Emotional Learning Conference in Middleton, WI for educators looking to sustaining social and emotional learning in their school or district. It’s a low-cost way to get some professional development this summer!