What kind of match?
Starting August 7, 2019 all qualifying projects will receive a 2X Match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- You teach in PNC Bank’s geographic footprint. Eligible states and counties are listed at the bottom of this Help Center article.
- You teach in a pre-K or Head Start classroom. When selecting grades for your project, please select only pre-K.
- Keep your total project goal under $1,500, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org.
- Please note: This Match Offer is subject to restrictions and a maximum dollar amount.
With thanks to PNC Grow Up Great®
PNC Grow Up Great®, a bilingual initiative founded in 2004 by The PNC Financial Services Group Inc., helps prepare young children from birth through age five for success in school and life. Extending the reach of innovative, high-quality resources and experiences in pre-K classrooms advances the program’s mission of inspiring great futures for young children. To learn more, visit www.pncgrowupgreat.com.
PNC Bank’s geographic footprint:
The following states and counties are eligible for this Match Offer:
Full states: AL, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NJ, NC, OH, PA, VA, WI, Washington D.C.
States limited to certain counties:
- CO: Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, El Paso, Jefferson, Weld
- KS: Johnson, Leavenworth, Miami, Wyandotte
- MN: Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Isanti, Ramsey, Scott, Sherburne, Washington, Wright
- SC: Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Greenville, Hampton, Jasper, Richland, York
- TN: Bledsoe, Bradley, Carter, Cheatham, Davidson, Fayette, Hamilton, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Rutherford, Sevier, Shelby, Sullivan, Tipton, Washington, Williamson, Wilson
- TX: Collin, Dallas, Harris, Montgomery, Tarrant
- WV: Monongalia
*The PNC Grow Up Great match offer, funded through the PNC Foundation, will match, dollar-for-dollar, donations that support public pre-K and Head Start projects in the PNC footprint that are listed on DonorsChoose.org and have a project goal of $1,500 or less. The duration of the match campaign depends on the number of project requests and donations.