ESPN wants to help provide students with access to sports in schools across the country! Sports participation is a critical catalyst for educational success; it's been shown to improve academic performance, cognitive skills, educational aspirations and educational achievement. Qualifying sports projects can receive one-to-one matched donations from ESPN.
Here's how to qualify:
- Create a project that requests resources or experiences that give your students the opportunity to play sports while they learn.
- Resources requested must help your students play a specific sport--and be sure to mention this in your essay. (Technology, active seating, and other classroom accessories are discouraged.)
- Select “Gym & Fitness" as your subject area.
- Keep your total project goal under $500.
- Project does not need to support an extra-curricular team--it can be for PE or recess, too! As long as the equipment you request get your students playing a sport, you have a good shot at qualifying.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched one-to-one as long as funding remains.