Since 2008, the UPS Foundation has provided more than $1.7 million in grants to support a variety of environmental programs and organizations worldwide. DonorsChoose.org is thrilled to share their passion for environmental science in schools! Schools in rural communities can receive matched donations on their environmental science projects, while funding lasts. Here’s to more scientists from every community in America!
Here’s how to qualify:
- Your school is in a rural community. If you’re not sure how your school is classified on DonorsChoose.org, let us know.
- Note on our data on school types: We receive data on school community type from nces.ed.gov. NCES bases their classifications on a school's proximity to an urbanized area and obtains their information by working with the Census Bureau.
- Create a project that helps you teach environmental science in a more effective, engaging, hands-on way.
- Keep your total project goal under $3,000, including taxes, shipping, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org. Keep in mind that projects with a lower total project goal have a higher chance of success and will be funded quicker!
- Select Environmental Science as your subject.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched one-to-one as long as funding remains.