Update 11/19/18: Funding for this match in Atlanta is running low. We anticipate all funding for Atlanta will be applied to eligible projects within the next 2 weeks. If you are a teacher in Atlanta and have a project idea in the works, submit as soon as possible for the best chance to receive matched donations!
Update 10/24/18: Funding for this match in Chicago has been fully applied to eligible projects, and donations are no longer being matched. We will update this page if additional funding for Chicago becomes available. This 5X match is still open for all other qualifying Warmth, Care & Hunger projects in Atlanta, Boston Public School District, Indianapolis, Oakland, and San Francisco.
Update 10/3/18: Funding for this match in Chicago is running low. We anticipate all funding for Chicago will be applied to eligible projects within the next 2 weeks. If you are a teacher in Chicago and have a project idea in the works, submit as soon as possible for the best chance to receive matched donations!
We know that teachers wear many hats and consistently go above and beyond for their students. They’re often the front-line social workers in schools, and regularly assist their students with critical life needs, like warm coats, clean clothes, personal hygiene items that would otherwise have been provided at home. Salesforce.org is matching donations to projects that provide these resources to students to help kids in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Indianapolis, Oakland, or San Francisco come to school healthy and ready to learn.
Here’s how to qualify for the Salesforce.org 5x match on Warmth, Care & Hunger projects:
- Your school is located in Atlanta, Boston Public School District, Indianapolis, Oakland, or San Francisco.
- Enter the campaign code NURTURE when you start your project.
- Request resources like hygiene products or clothing that your students are not receiving at home. You can also request medical supplies for specific students.
- Cleaning supplies for classroom-use are not eligible for this match. Cleaning supplies for students to take home are eligible.
- Keep your total project goal under $1,200, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org.
- Select Warmth, Care & Hunger as your subject.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched four-to-one as long as funding remains.
Need inspiration? Here are some of our favorite Warmth, Care & Hunger projects:
- Winter Hats to Fight The Winter Cold! from Ms. Bukowski
- Filling Lillian's Locker With Highly Requested Personal Care Items! from Mr. Haas