Update 4/20/17: As of today, we can confirm that our rewards will be 100% allocated to the teachers who have already filled out the sign-up survey and gotten started on a module with 15 students. We will be sending rewards by 5/30, and the deadline to complete is 4/21.
Middle and High School teachers may receive a one-time $250 DonorsChoose.org gift code by helping their students master key financial literacy skills using the Earn Your Future™ Digital Lab by April 21, 2017 sponsored and funded by the PwC Charitable Foundation!
Consistent with the PwC Charitable Foundation’s commitment to investing in education, this program encourages teachers and their students to explore the new Earn Your Future™ Digital Lab to broaden and develop students’ financial literacy skills. Through the Earn Your Future™ Digital Lab, students can access custom videos, real-world examples, and interactive activities designed to empower young minds with financial and economic knowledge. The modules are available online at no cost, with topics ranging from saving and investing to credit and debt and paying for college, and each should take about one class period. Teachers may receive a $250 DonorsChoose.org gift code by helping 15+ students successfully complete one module on the Earn Your Future™ Digital Lab. Note: if you completed a module earlier this year and received a gift card, you will not be eligible for additional gift cards.
Here’s how to qualify for rewards:
1. Fill out this one-minute sign-up survey. [EDIT: the sign up survey is no longer available] The first 1,000 teachers to complete the survey will be eligible for rewards, and we will update this page after achieving this number of signups. Once the survey is completed, you are all set to move on to the next steps below (the instructions you receive via email will be the same) - no need to wait for any confirmation email.
2. Visit the Earn Your Future™ Digital Lab and create your teacher account (if you have not previously registered). Be sure to use the same email address you use on DonorsChoose.org.
3. Follow instructions on the Earn Your Future™ Digital Lab to add students and create a class such that every student has their own user ID and password.
4. Help your students progress through the Earn Your Future™ Digital Lab by selecting a module appropriate for their grade level:
5. To be eligible for rewards, you must have 15 or more distinct students earn a badge for the module you’ve selected. Students can earn a badge by answering enough questions correctly in the post-test section embedded within the module.
6. Check your students’ progress anytime by downloading a report in your teacher dashboard:
To be eligible for the reward, your report must show “Yes” in the “Badge Earned?” column for 15 or more distinct students for one module:
7. The deadline for helping 15 or more students earn a badge is April 21, 2017. We will update this page if any funds remain after that deadline.
8. If you are one of the first 1,000 teachers to participate and you help 15 or more students earn a badge by April 21, 2017 you will receive a $250 DonorsChoose.org gift code via email by May 30. Each teacher may receive only one $250 code, though as many students as you want are welcome to use the modules. These gift cards will expire on 7/1/17.