Futurelab, Genentech’s hyper-local STEM education initiative in South San Francisco, is focused on inspiring students to reach their potential as the next generation of innovators and to engage them in a lifelong exploration of science. Genentech is proud to support the community where we’ve been based for over 40 years through through funding, employee time and talent, and material donations.
Starting August 1, Genentech is providing dollar-for-dollar donation matching on qualifying South San Francisco Unified School District projects.
Here’s how to qualify:
- Make sure your school is within the South San Francisco Unified School District. Then post a project between now and October 15th, 2017
- Keep your total project goal under $1000 including all taxes & fees (if posting multiple projects, the total combined project cost should be $1,000 or less)
- Projects featuring hands-on science are encouraged, but not required
- Check out the SSFUSD Classroom Technology Recommendations emailed to teachers on 8/1 to help you shop for tech resources
If your project meets the criteria above, you’ll see the Genentech logo on your project as soon as it’s live, and new donations will be matched while funding lasts.
Need inspiration? Here are some of our favorite examples of classroom projects in SSFUFSD:
- Compound Microscopes for Science Labs! From Mrs. Bartoli
- Expanding Our Learning at the Exploratorium! From Ms. Welch
- Biology: Pigs Put Their Heart in It From Ms. Hernandez