Update 12/8/16: Funding for certain districts has been fully used up on eligible requests. See the list below for currently eligible districts, schools, and regions.
Duke Energy strives to make an impact on the people and communities it serves by supporting projects aimed at STEM education and literacy. They're excited to support one-to-one matched donations on STEM and Literacy projects in select regions of South Carolina.
Here's how to qualify:
- Ensure that your school is listed in one of the eligible regions below.
- Create a project that explores STEM or Literacy concepts. You can request any materials you like that will get your kids engaged with STEM or reading, although classroom furniture projects are discouraged for this offer.
- Keep your project goal under $700.
- Select a subject area in the Math and Science category or Literacy.
Eligible regions and schools for this opportunity:
- Chesterfield County
- Clarendon District 1,2 3
- Darlington County
- Dillon District 3,4
- Florence District 1,2,3,4,5
- Select Georgetown County schools: Andrews Elementary School, Rosemary Middle School, Andrews High School
- Select Horry County schools: Aynor Elementary School, Aynor Middle School, Aynor High School, Green Sea Floyds Elementary School, Green Sea Floyds Middle School, Green Sea Floyds High School
This opportunity will be available as long as funding remains. All projects from the above regions that meet the criteria will be considered within a few days of posting. If you have any questions about whether your school will qualify, contact us.