Starting August 7, Arkansas projects that explore economics or financial literacy can come to life at half the cost thanks to matched donations from Economics Arkansas. The mission of Economics Arkansas is to promote economic literacy and the economic-way of thinking to Arkansas PreK-12 students by empowering educators to teach real life economics. Economics Arkansas is excited to support Arkansas students with this 2X Match offer!
As part of this campaign, teachers can also request The Stock Market Game, which gives students first-hand experience with investing. As your student teams participate, they’ll gain a fundamental understanding of investing and how they might get their money to return a profit for them. Requests for The Stock Market Game will be created as Special Request projects.
Here’s how to qualify:
- Make sure you’re listed as an Arkansas teacher (If your school’s in Arkansas, you’re good!)
- If you’d like to request The Stock Market Game for your classroom, enter the campaign code STOCKMARKET to get special instructions for your Special Request project as you create it--and read more below! (Not requesting this game? No need for a campaign code!)
- Create a project that gets your students engaged with economics and increases their financial literacy
- Keep your total project goal under $2000
- Select Economics or Financial Literacy as your subject
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched as long as funding remains.
Creating a Special Request for The Stock Market Game? Here’s what you need to know:
- Register for the games here. Questions about registering? Contact email@example.com.
- Submit your project by October 20 to be able to participate in the Fall Stock Market Games.
- Enter the campaign code STOCKMARKET to get special instructions for your Special Request project as you create it.
- For this project, you’ll need to have 6 points in your account to get started, so contact us if you need more.
- When you reach the “What” stage, you’ll be able to select “Create a special request” at the bottom of the page.
- Upload the payment document you received from Economics Arkansas.