Update 4/20/17: Funding for this opportunity has been fully used up on eligible projects, and new donations and projects can no longer qualify. We'll update this page if any additional funding becomes available!
ESPN wants to help provide students with access to sports in schools across the country! Sports participation is a critical catalyst for educational success; it's been shown to improve academic performance, cognitive skills, educational aspirations and educational achievement. Qualifying sports projects can receive one-to-one matched donations from ESPN.
Here's how to qualify:
- Create a project that requests resources or experiences that give your students the opportunity to play sports while they learn.
- Resources requested must help your students play a specific sport--and be sure to mention this in your essay. (Technology, active seating, and other classroom accessories are discouraged.)
- Select a “Gym & Fitness" as your subject area.
- Keep your total project goal under $800.
- Project does not need to support an extra-curricular team--it can be for PE or recess, too! As long as the equipment you request get your students playing a sport, you have a good shot at qualifying.
Projects that meet the above criteria will be considered by the team working with ESPN and the match offer will be applied to select projects within a week.
Need inspiration? Check out these sporty ideas: