ESPN wants to help provide students with access to sports in schools across the country! Sports participation is a critical catalyst for educational success; it's been shown to improve academic performance, cognitive skills, educational aspirations and educational achievement. Qualifying sports projects can receive one-to-one matched donations from ESPN.
Here's how to qualify:
- Create a project that requests resources or experiences that give your students the opportunity to play sports while they learn.
- Resources requested must help your students play a specific sport--and be sure to mention this in your essay. (Technology, active seating, and other classroom accessories are discouraged.)
- Select a “Gym & Fitness" as your subject area.
- Keep your total project goal under $800.
- Project does not need to support an extra-curricular team--it can be for PE or recess, too! As long as the equipment you request get your students playing a sport, you have a good shot at qualifying.
Projects that meet the above criteria will be considered by the team working with ESPN and the match offer will be applied to select projects within a week.
Need inspiration? Check out these sporty ideas: