If your classroom was damaged by the recent flooding in Louisiana, all of us at DonorsChoose.org hope that you, your students and your loved ones are safe.
We have created this Louisiana Flood Relief giving page where we are directing our community of donors and partners who are eager to help you rebuild your classroom and support your students.
When you’re ready, please consider posting a project for basic supplies. For example:
- School supplies, like paper, pencils, books, calculators, microscopes
- Snacks for your students, like granola bars, water, juice
- Clothing for your students, like socks, t-shirts
- Safety equipment, like first aid kits, flashlights
- Classroom furniture, like portable heaters, desks, chairs, rugs, bookshelves
Tips for successful projects:
- Make sure to mention how your classroom was impacted by the flooding in Louisiana and to include "Louisiana Flooding " in your project title and your project description.
- If you have a photo of your school or classroom after the storm, please upload it as your classroom photo. As long as it meets our classroom photo guidelines and does not contain the name of your school, we know it will inspire our donor community!
Examples of successful projects from past natural disasters: