Update 3/20/17: Funding for this offer is running low, and will likely spend out within the next week. As long as there's a Tom's of Maine logo on your project, new donations are being matched.
While new projects are no longer eligible for the innovation challenge (the deadline for submissions was May 27), all qualifying projects can still receive a match offer. Please continue to post your best environmental science projects to 'green your school' using the criteria below. We look forward to connecting your innovative ideas with a community eager to bring them to life!
DonorsChoose.org is excited to team up with the Tom’s of Maine Green Your School Fund to bring unique and engaging environmental science education to classrooms nationwide. This Innovation Challenge will consist of three parts: a match offer, a judging phase, and a public vote - resulting in classroom funding prizes for the most inspiring classroom projects.
Here's how to qualify:
- Create an original environmental science project for your students that combines hands-on learning with pressing environmental issues. (And a gold star if your project reaches multiple classes or an entire school - eco-friendly lightbulbs? A school-wide garden? We want to see your creativity!)
- Keep your total project goal under $2,000.
- When you start your project, you'll see a link at the bottom of the "Hi" step that says "Here for an innovation challenge?" Go ahead and click that, then enter GREEN in the box that appears. (While new projects are not eligible for the innovation challenge contest, they are still eligible for the match offer while funds last.)
- If your project qualifies, you’ll see a one-to-one match offer appear within 1 to 2 weeks on your project, while funding lasts.
- If your school has never before received funding through DonorsChoose.org, your project will qualify for an Almost Home match offer, and your project will be funded to within $98 of completion, while funding lasts.
Check back here for updates on the status of funding. We will update this page when funding has run out. For questions related to this program, contact the DonorsChoose.org team.