Need a helping hand with your first project? Spread the word with RIPPLE, our one-time-use Teacher Friends & Family Code.
When you submit your very first project, we’ll let you know it’s time to share RIPPLE with friends and family. Donors can enter this code during checkout, up until 7 days after your project is approved, and their donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to $50 per donor.
How it works:
- RIPPLE match is valid from the time you submit your very first project, until one week after that project is approved.
- This promo code will work on up to one project posted per teacher.
- Teachers who have been fully funded or who previously used any Teacher Friends & Family Codes will not be eligible for RIPPLE.
- Donors must enter RIPPLE and click “Apply” on the payment screen during checkout. They’ll see a confirmation message to let them know it went through.
- Up to $50 per donor can be matched for donations made using a credit card, Amazon Payments, or PayPal.
For more information, check out our guide to Teacher Friends & Family Codes.
How is this different from SPARK?
As the number of teachers requesting classroom resources through DonorsChoose.org has continued to grow, matching donations for so many teachers’ multiple projects from school year to school year is no longer possible for our supporters eager to help jumpstart new projects. To make sure that every teacher has the chance to have a helping hand with a project, RIPPLE is limited to one project per teacher, throughout that teacher’s time on the site.
What if I don’t use RIPPLE on my first project?
You’ve just saved that matching opportunity for a future project! This code is automatically active on the first project you post, but if that project doesn’t receive any matched donations, it won’t be counted as your single RIPPLE use. As long as RIPPLE funds are still available, the next project you post will be RIPPLE eligible.
How can I get the most out of RIPPLE?
We know a dollar-for-dollar match can be a big way to get your donors excited about supporting your project. To spread the word about your project, check out our sample emails and Facebook posts for help in telling friends and family about this funding opportunity.
I’m not eligible for RIPPLE. What are some other resources to help me reach my funding goal?
Don’t worry--RIPPLE is just one on the long (and growing) list of match offers! Be sure to keep an eye on our list of partner funding opportunities in your area. You can also browse through our tips for success to learn more strategies for giving your project an edge.