Here's how to qualify for the DICK'S Sporting Goods 2X match on team sports projects:
- Check in with your school's coaching staff to see what they need to help their teams prepare and excel on the playing field.
- Start a new standard project and make sure to enter the campaign code "sportsmatter" by clicking "Got a campaign code?"
- Create a team sports project (this means that the resources you’re requesting must be used by a school sports team, not a PE class or for recess/recreational time). Teach at an elementary school? If you lead an extracurricular sports club (i.e. running) your project may be eligible.
- Make sure to mention what team sport your project is supporting. If your project supports multiple teams, include all of those sports in your essay.
- Requested resources must go to the direct playing of the sport. Sports equipment, conditioning equipment for specific sport teams, and necessary sports apparel are eligible. Technology is not eligible.
- Select Team Sports as your subject.
- Teachers can post multiple projects for this funding offer.
What team sports are eligible for funding?
Archery, Boxing, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheerleading, Cricket, Cross-Country, Curling, Cycling, Dance Team, Distance Running, Diving, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Fishing, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Hockey, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Martial Arts/ Kung Fu, Mixed Martial Arts, Mountain Biking, Moutain Climbing, Netball, Pickleball, Polo, Racquet Sports, Rowing, Rugby, Sailing, Skating, Skiing / Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, T-Ball, Table Tennis, Tennis, Track and Field, Triathlon, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weight Lifting, Wrestling
Is there anything else I need to know to request funding for transportation, lodging, registration fees, facility rental, or sports camp registration fees? Please submit your project as a class trip project and make sure to have a price quote handy from the vendor or organization that will receive the funds. For example, you’ll need a price quote from your local skating rink if you’ll be requesting funding for ice time for your school’s hockey team.
Need inspiration? Here are some of our favorites:
Submit your team sports project today to help ensure your students have access to all of the benefits of sports participation.