The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation is funding a one-to-one match offer of up to $1.5 million for Team Sports projects. Teachers can submit their team sports project today to help ensure your students have access to all of the benefits of sports participation.
Here's how to qualify:
- Check in with your school's coaching staff to see what they need to help their teams prepare and excel on the playing field.
- Start a new standard project and make sure to enter the campaign code "sportsmatter" by clicking "Got a campaign code?"
- Create a team sports project (this means that the resources you’re requesting must be used by a school sports team, not a PE class or for recess/recreational time). Teach at an elementary school? If you lead an extracurricular sports club (i.e. running) your project may be eligible.
- Make sure to mention what team sport your project is supporting. If your project supports multiple teams, include all of those sports in your essay.
- Requested resources must go to the direct playing of the sport. Sports equipment, conditioning equipment for specific sport teams, and necessary sports apparel are eligible. Technology is not eligible.
- Select Team Sports as your subject.
- Teachers can post multiple projects for this funding offer.
What team sports are eligible for funding?
Archery, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheerleading, Cricket, Cross-Country, Curling, Cycling, Dance Team, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Fishing, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Hockey, Lacrosse, Racquet Sports, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Wrestling, Boxing, Distance Running, Fencing, Kayaking, Martial Arts/ Kung Fu, Mixed Martial Arts, Mountain Biking, Netball, Rowing, Sailing, Skiing / Snowboarding, Squash, Skating, Table Tennis, Triathlon, Ultimate Frisbee, Weight Lifting
Is there anything else I need to know to request funding for transportation, lodging, registration fees, facility rental, or sports camp registration fees? Please submit your project as a class trip project and make sure to have a price quote handy from the vendor or organization that will receive the funds. For example, you’ll need a price quote from your local skating rink if you’ll be requesting funding for ice time for your school’s hockey team.
Need inspiration? Here are some of our favorites: