We know legal documents like our user agreement can be dense, and let's be honest - how many of us read all the fine print? So we've created this overview of the most important clauses for teachers. Just remember: any user of our site is expected to abide by the full list of terms in our user agreement.
User Agreement Highlights for Teachers:
- Don't set up an account if you aren't eligible. You must be a full-time educator currently employed at a public school. Learn more.
- Use one teacher account. You can only have one account, and you must be the only person accessing your account and taking any action.
- Send us original work. All content that you submit (project essays, thank-you notes and photos) should be created by you and not copied from another source or written for you by someone else.
- Use funded resources like you said you would. All materials received through DonorsChoose.org must be used/experienced by students for the purpose described in your project essay.
- Complete your end of the deal. By requesting donations through our site, you agree to provide follow-up for the donors if a project is fully funded. Learn more
- Tell us how to reach you. We rely on you to keep your contact information current - especially your email - so we can reach you with important updates about your account or projects.
If we find a violation of any clause in the user agreement, DonorsChoose.org reserves the right to close an account and prevent future use of our program.