Shopping for materials from Amazon Business in the vendor directory is very similar to shopping from Amazon.com with just a few differences. Here are some tips to help you find the best materials for your classroom:
- Only items fulfilled by Amazon Business can be added to DonorsChoose projects. Look for the “Prime Eligible” logo on the left side of the search results page to help you when shopping. Items selected from third party sellers will still appear while you shop but will not transfer to your DonorsChoose project during checkout. Magazines do not need to be Prime to be added to your cart.
- Only new items can be added to DonorsChoose projects. While used or refurbished items will still appear on Amazon Business, they will not transfer to your DonorsChoose project.
- Apple devices (iPads, MacBooks, iMacs, iPhones) are not eligible to be requested on Amazon. All Apple devices are available through Best Buy Education.
- Amazon Business is not optimized for shopping on a mobile device, like a phone or a tablet. If you’re asked for your personal shipping or billing information while trying to place an order, log out and try submitting your order from a desktop or laptop computer.
- Digital content including eBooks are not available for purchase from the Amazon Business catalog. You can find a large selection of eBooks and digital courseware from AKJ Books and Britannica Digital Learning in our vendor directory.
- Magazines ordered from Amazon Business are restricted to quantities of 1. If your request for magazines is fully funded, it will take 6-8 weeks for the subscription to start but it will run for the full calendar year subscription.
- When changing the quantity of an item already added to a draft project, remove the item from your project and then return to Amazon Business to add the correct quantity before checking out again.
- Amazon Business can't process orders with more than 99 line items and 1000 total items. Since identifying this issue, we’re working with teachers as they submit projects to split up large orders.
- Don't forget to price shop from several vendors in our directory. If Amazon Business has the best price, read the reviews, and check product and seller recommendations before adding an item to your cart.
Be creative! You can use Amazon Business’ vast catalog to get a variety of items for your classroom. You’ll have the opportunity to share how you plan to use your selected materials when writing your project essay.
If you run into any trouble shopping, contact our team. We'll make sure to resolve your issue as quickly as possible!