Teachers can request student-centered materials needed to support student instruction, including classroom materials, field trips, and classroom visitors. You will be able to start shopping for specific items once you begin a project draft. Check out where to find commonly requested items for ideas!
You may ask for any resource that will help students learn, but your project must adhere to the following guidelines:
All DonorsChoose.org projects must meet the following criteria:
- All requested resources must be used by students or directly provide a student experience.
- The request must be appropriate to your school. (i.e., if your school can only service PC computers, you should request that type of resource.)
- The project cannot foster discrimination or proselytize a religious or political viewpoint.
- Any project that infringes upon a student's safety or right to privacy is not eligible.
- We encourage teachers to submit projects that can be carried out at any time during the school year, as it can take anywhere from four minutes to four months for a project to be fully funded.
DonorsChoose.org does not specify a dollar limit for projects, and some ambitious projects have been funded. That said, the less a project costs, the more likely it is to be funded.
Finally, we encourage teachers to submit projects that can be carried out at any time during the school year, as it can take anywhere from four minutes to four months for a project to be fully funded.
More information on: