Teachers can request student-centered materials needed to support student instruction, including classroom materials, virtual field trips, and online classroom visitors. You will be able to start shopping for specific items once you begin a project draft. Check out where to find commonly requested items for ideas!
You may ask for any resource that will help students learn, but your project must adhere to the following guidelines:
All DonorsChoose projects must meet the following criteria:
- All requested resources must be used by students or directly provide a student experience.
- The request must be appropriate to your school. (i.e., if your school can only service PC computers, you should request that type of resource.)
- The project cannot foster discrimination or proselytize a religious or political viewpoint.
- Any project that infringes upon a student's safety or right to privacy is not eligible.
- We encourage teachers to submit projects that can be carried out at any time during the school year, as it can take anywhere from four minutes to four months for a project to be fully funded.
DonorsChoose does not specify a dollar limit for projects, and some ambitious projects have been funded. That said, the less a project costs, the more likely it is to be funded.
Finally, we encourage teachers to submit projects that can be carried out at any time during the school year, as it can take anywhere from four minutes to four months for a project to be fully funded.
More information on:
- Requesting materials from our vendor directory
- Requesting materials not found in the vendor directory
- Requesting a virtual class visitor or virtual class trip
Please note: Out of an abundance of care for the safety of our teachers and students, and in accordance with the most recent recommendations from the CDC, DonorsChoose will not support trip and visitor projects with in-person or travel components until at least early Winter of 2022. You can still submit a virtual class trip or class visitor project! Check out our help center for more details.