At DonorsChoose.org you may ask for a variety of resources that will help your students learn. The 20+ vendors in the DonorsChoose.org vendor directory – including Amazon Business, Best Buy Education, AKJ Education and Lakeshore Learning – should carry most of the items you’ll need.
Check out our list of commonly requested items and vendor list for a general idea of what's available! Then, you will be able to start shopping once you begin a project. You can also request field trip and class visitor requests, although some will require 4 points. As for requests for items from outside vendors, these can be submitted once you have earned 6 points. You can find your points in the private info section of your account! Learn more about special requests here.
When projects are fully funded, we send the materials you requested directly to your classroom (or send payment directly for class trips and visitors). That's why there's a little work required at the beginning to set us up for a smooth delivery.
All DonorsChoose.org projects must meet the following criteria:
- All requested resources must be used by students or directly provide a student experience.
- The request must be appropriate to your school. (i.e., if your school can only service PC computers, you should request that type of resource.)
- The project cannot foster discrimination or proselytize a religious or political viewpoint.
- Costs of labor, capital improvements to the school or grounds, vehicle purchases, or royalty/rental fees may not be requested.
- We encourage teachers to submit projects that can be carried out at any time during the school year, as it can take anywhere from four minutes to four months for a project to be fully funded.
See great sample projects for inspiration and get started!