Your preferred display name is the name that’s displayed publicly on the site (project, school, teacher page) and in our email communications. Your full name is only used to send shipments for your funded resources, and to confirm your school affiliation.
We recommend displaying your last name because:
- Website visitors who are already familiar with your classroom can more easily find and support your projects.
- Potential donors are more likely to give if they clearly understand who and what they're supporting. By displaying your last name, first-time site visitors are more likely to make a contribution to your project than if you display an anonymous initial.
How to update your display name:
- Log into your teacher account and click the "Public info" tab.
- There you will see the Display Name section where you can enter the name you want to be displayed
- It may take up to 15 minutes for you to see any change take effect on our site.