Starting 1/24/19, we are now accepting check donations at new processing location. See below for the updated address:
We do not accept paper check donations to projects for less than $100. You're able to give any amount by credit card, or PayPal. These methods are safe and secure, and we’ll email you a receipt for your records.
To pledge a check to purchase gift cards or account credits:
- Visit DonorsChoose.org/credits (for account credits) or DonorsChoose.org/gifts (for gift cards). Your total donation must be at least $100.
- On the payment screen, choose “other" and then “check.” Then click “place my donation.”
- Mail your check.
- When it arrives, we’ll add credits to your account or create your gift cards (depending on what you’ve purchased) and notify you via email.
To pledge a check donation toward classroom projects:
- Find projects you'd like to support and add them to your giving cart. Your total donation must be at least $100.
- On the payment screen, choose “other” and then “check.” Then click “place my donation.” Our system will remember your check pledge, but will not indicate any donations on the project page itself, and projects will remain open for funding.
- Mail in your check.
- When it arrives, we’ll apply your donation to the projects you’ve selected. If a project has been fully funded or needs a smaller amount than your pledge, we’ll deposit any remaining amount into your donor account as credits.
- We’ll notify you by email once your check arrives, and let you know exactly how your donation was allocated so that you can choose new projects to support if needed.
Checks should be made payable to DonorsChoose.org and include the pledge ID in the memo line. Please mail it to:
Mail Code: 6656
P.O. Box 7247
Philadelphia, PA 19170- 6656
Gift cards, account credits, and promo codes may not be redeemed when pledging a check.
Friendly note from our CFO: In order to provide a tax receipt for the current calendar year, we need to receive your donation by December 31st. For checks, they must have a postmark of December 31st or earlier.