Updated January 9th @ 10:32:41 ET: This funding opportunity is no longer available.
Updated January 8th: This funding opportunity is going fast! A per-teacher limit has been added to this match offer so that more teachers can qualify for funding. Each teacher can receive up to $3000 in matching funds from this opportunity.
Starting January 8th, qualifying projects will receive a 3X match on new donations. That means a $20 donation will become a $60 donation, and so on. This match offer will run while funds last OR until January 12th, 2024 at 1pm ET.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. Once your project is approved and live on the site, you will see the match offer displayed on your project page.
How to qualify:
- Create a project requesting Warmth, Care & Hunger materials then select the Warmth, Care & Hunger subject area. Please ensure accurate representation and select the corresponding subject area only if it truthfully aligns with your project.
What won’t qualify:
- Projects with a total project goal of $5,000 and higher, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Are there any restrictions on which donations are matched?
All new donations to live projects are eligible for this match. Previous donations placed before the match offer's start date will not be matched.
Q: What is a Warmth, Care & Hunger project?
Your focus should be on creating projects that will meet your students’ most basic needs and allow them to focus more fully in the classroom. Rather than being geared towards classroom learning objectives or student behavior incentives, make sure your project requests are fundamental to a student’s health and well-being.
Here are some examples of projects that fall into the Warmth, Care & Hunger category:
- Hygiene products like combs, toothbrushes, floss, and deodorant
- Day-to-day clothing items or winter apparel like coats, shoes, socks, hats, gloves, rain gear, and sleeping bags
- Meals or snacks for your students
You can read more about this subject area in our Help Center article on these projects.
Q: How can I edit my project?
If your project is approved on our site AND has not received any donations, you can make any edits you’d like by returning your project to a draft status. You can do this by heading over to the Projects section of your account and clicking on the "Return project to draft" button underneath your project title. Once your project is in draft status, you can make any edits and resubmit it. Then, it will be re-screened by our team and re-posted if eligible. Read more about editing your project.
With thanks to LOFT
Students are able to learn at their best when their essential needs are met. With their customers, they’re committed to supporting projects that ensure that students are nourished and kept warm during these winter months.