Starting September 1st, qualifying projects will receive a 2X match on new donations. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation, and so on.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site.
How to qualify:
- Have never had a project funded before on DonorsChoose
- Teach in grades K - 12th at an Equity Focus School
- Teach in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or Virginia
- Create a project requesting Literacy or Mathematics materials and select the Literacy or Mathematics subject areas
- Request under $800 for your total project goal, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Are there any restrictions on which donations are matched?
All new donations to live projects are eligible for this match. Previous donations placed before the match offer’s start date will not be matched.
Q: What is an Equity Focus School?
Equity Focus Schools on DonorsChoose are schools where 50% or more of students are Black, Latino, Native American, Pacific Islander, or multiracial, and 50% or more of students qualify for free or reduced price lunch, the standard measure for school economic need level.