Update August 19th: This offer is no longer available.
Update August 18th: Funding for this opportunity is running low. Any newly submitted projects may not receive the Oklahoma donation. If you've already submitted your project, then your project should receive the Oklahoma donation upon approval by our screening team.
Starting on August 9, 2023, the State of Oklahoma will award up to $1,000 in Federal COVID Relief funding to Oklahoma classroom teachers’ projects requesting resources to support students in response to COVID-19. Funding for eligible projects will be applied shortly after a project is approved.
How to qualify:
- Create a teacher account at www.donorschoose.org/teachers if you don’t already have one. Then return to this page to follow the rest of these instructions.
- Sign into your account.
- Teach PreK-12 in an Oklahoma public school.
- Create a new project on or after August 9, 2023.
On the “HI” page while creating your project, enter the campaign code OKLAHOMA by clicking "Enter a campaign code."
Request resources to support students’ social, emotional, and mental well-being as well as the impacts of interrupted academic learning as a result of COVID-19.
- Keep in mind that your $1,000 grant includes the materials cost, applicable taxes and fees, and the suggested donation to DonorsChoose. To keep your total project goal at $1,000 you should request around $740 in materials; you will see the project’s total goal update as you progress.
- We request that you create a separate project for snacks or food for your classroom.
Keep your total project goal under $1,400, including all applicable taxes and fees, and the suggested donation to DonorsChoose.
- Projects totaling between $1,000 - $1,400 in fees, suggested donation, and resources will require further funding from additional donors.
- A project with a total project goal above $1,400 will not receive a donation from the State of Oklahoma.
- In your project essay, make sure to describe how the resources you’re requesting will help your students through pandemic-impacted learning.
What won’t qualify:
- Professional Development projects are not eligible for this funding opportunity.
- Teachers Pay Teachers gift cards are not an eligible resource for this funding opportunity.
Special requests and virtual trip and visitor projects are not eligible for this funding opportunity.
- Special request projects are projects that request materials from outside of DonorsChoose’s vendor catalog. For this grant, you’ll need to shop from one of DonorsChoose’s 24 integrated vendors.
How you’ll receive funding:
If your project meets the above criteria, you’ll receive $1,000 in funding as soon as your project is reviewed by our team and posted on our site, while funds last.
With thanks to the State of Oklahoma
The Oklahoma Office of Management and Enterprise Services is proud to support Oklahoma teachers and reward the sacrifices and extra effort teachers made during the COVID-19 pandemic to support students’ academic, social, and emotional needs. OMES hopes this investment provides lasting support for each classroom across the state. Thank you for all of your hard work during these challenging times to provide a quality education to Oklahoma’s students.
All participating teachers should comply with any applicable local laws and school district policies when creating their DonorsChoose projects for this partnership.