How does it work?
Starting May 10th, high school teachers can earn a $120 DonorsChoose gift code for completing two EVERFI lessons with their students. Gift codes available while funds last.
How to qualify for the rewards
- Teach in one of the following states: Arkansas; California; Colorado; Michigan; Nevada; North; Carolina; Oklahoma; South Carolina; Tennessee; Texas; Washington.
- Teach 8th - 12th grade students.
- Check out EVERFI’s digital lessons:
- Prescription Drug Safety
- Prescription Drug Safety is an innovative digital course that focuses on high school students, arming them with the knowledge and tools to make healthy, informed decisions.
- There are 6 available lessons in Prescription Drug Safety. Teachers new to this topic area may feel more comfortable starting with the first three lessons, because they help lay a strong foundation for students making healthy choices.
- Mental Wellness Basics
- Mental Wellness Basics is a digital resource that introduces middle and high school students to mental health education.
- There are 4 available lessons in Mental Wellness Basics. Any teacher regardless of background in this topic should be able to jump into any lesson.
- Prescription Drug Safety
- Choose one lesson from the Prescription Drug Safety section and one lesson from the Mental Wellness Basics section.
- Teach your two chosen lessons with at least 10 students.
- Once at least 10 of your students have finished one of the lessons listed in Step 3, navigate to your dashboard, and sort the dashboard so that students who have completed the lesson appear at the top.
- Here's an example of what your dashboard should look like:
- Take a screenshot of two dashboards - one dashboard showing your completion of a Prescription Drug Safety lesson and one dashboard showing your completion of a Mental Wellness Basics lesson.
- Fill out the Classroom Rewards form.
Once we review and approve your Classroom Rewards form, we will send you your $120 DonorsChoose gift code. Expect to receive your gift code within 2 weeks of submitting the Classroom Rewards form.
Please note, you will only be able to submit this form once. Our team is unable to make any changes or edits to your responses. Once you have submitted, you will not be able to retake the survey, and our team won’t be able to re-open it for you.
More information on EVERFI’s lessons
Prescription Drug Safety
- Prescription Drug Safety is an innovative digital course that focuses on high school students, arming them with the knowledge and tools to make healthy, informed decisions. By empowering students with substance misuse prevention education at an early age, we can help the next generation stop opioid misuse.
- Teachers new to this topic area may feel more comfortable starting with the first three lessons, because they help lay a strong foundation for students making healthy choices. Teachers who are more experienced with talking to students about prevention education may enjoy getting into lessons four, five and six, because they go into more depth and equip students with refusal skills and support strategies
- There are 6 available lessons in Prescription Drug Safety - The Basics, Science of Substance Use Disorder, Understanding Prescriptions, Safe Use, Refusal Skills, Supporting a Friend.
Mental Wellness Basics
- Like our physical health, our mental health can be strengthened or diminished through daily habits. Mental Wellness Basics is a digital resource that introduces middle and high school students to mental health education.
- There are 4 available lessons in Mental Wellness Basics - Mental Health Basics, Understanding Mental Disorders, Healthy Coping Skills, Getting Help.
Setting up both courses in EVERFI
- Create a free EVERFI teacher account at www.everfi.com/newteacher*
- Select Prescription Drug Safety or Mental Wellness Basics from the drop down of course options
- Once you’re in the dashboard, click Add Course to find and add the second course.
- Find Prescription Drug Safety and click Create Class.
- Fill out the class profile and click the Add Course button at the bottom of the screen to select Mental Wellness Basics and click the Add button to confirm.
- Click Create Class
- This will automatically create a class code → students can go to everfi.com/register and enter that class code to get started.
Have additional questions?
If you have a question about the EVERFI Prescription Drug Safety or EVERFI Mental Wellness Basics digital lessons, you can find your individual School Manager by clicking the Support button on your teacher dashboard. A FAQ can also be found by clicking on the Help button in your teacher dashboard.