What kind of match?
Starting May 10th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- On the “HI” step of creating a project, enter the campaign code BORNTHISWAY
- Create a project that helps your students’ emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Keep your total project goal under $1,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
- In your essay, describe the positive impact these resources will have on your students’ mental health and emotional wellness.
- Select the Mental Health subject category.
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite mental health projects:
- Expanding Emotional Resilience Through Reading and Writing
- Zen in Uncertain Times
- Mental Health First Aid
- Sensory/Calm Down Corner for Ms. Bolton and Ms. Dec's rooms
- Breathe Through Change: Teaching Social-Emotional Wellness Through Mindfulness and Yoga
- SPOT of Emotions
- Focus, Flexibility, and Positive Mental Health!
- A Little Touch of Home
With thanks to Born This Way Foundation
Born This Way Foundation, co-founded and led by Lady Gaga and her mother, Cynthia Germanotta, supports the mental health of young people and works with them to create a kinder and braver world. We aim to make kindness cool, validate the emotions of young people, and eliminate the stigma surrounding mental health.