Update 5/9/22: As of 5/7/22, funds for this match are no longer available, and no more donations will be matched. We're so excited about all the teachers and donors who participated.
What kind of match?
Starting April 4th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X Match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation, for example.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- You teach in one of the states or counties listed at the end of this Help Center article.
- You teach in a Pre-K or Head Start classroom. When selecting grades for your project, please select only Pre-K. Projects serving multiple grades won’t qualify.
- Keep your total project goal under $1,500 including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite Pre-K projects:
- Welcome to Fresh Mart - Creative Play on Aisle 6!
- Cool, Calm and Collected Space for our Youngest Learners
- Tangible Experiences
With thanks to PNC Grow Up Great
PNC Grow Up Great, a bilingual initiative founded in 2004 by The PNC Financial Services Group Inc., helps prepare young children from birth through age five for success in school and life. Extending the reach of innovative, high-quality resources and experiences in pre-K classrooms advances the program’s mission of inspiring great futures for young children. To learn more, visit www.pncgrowupgreat.com.
Eligible states and counties
Eligible counties (only the following counties in each state are eligible)
- California: Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Ventura
- Kansas: Johnson, Leavenworth, Miami, Wyandotte
- Massachusetts: Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Suffolk
- Minnesota: Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Isanti, Ramsey, Scott, Sherburne, Washington, Wright
- Oregon: Clackamas, Columbia, Multnomah, Washington
- South Carolina: Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Florence, Georgetown, Greenville, Hampton, Horry, Jasper, Richland, York
- Tennessee: Bledsoe, Bradley, Carter, Cheatham, Davidson, Fayette, Hamilton, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Rutherford, Severe, Shelby, Sullivan, Sumner, Tipton, Washington, Williamson, Wilson
- Washington: Clark, King, Kitsap, Pierce, Snohomish
Eligible states (the entire state is eligible)
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- Washington D.C.