In order to support projects with your Qualified Charitable Distributions, please ask your IRA custodian to send the check directly to the address below, and mark your Donation ID in the memo.
Mail Code: 6656
P.O. Box 7247
Philadelphia, PA 19170- 6656
Memo: Donation ID __________ (see instructions below)
To use your QCD to purchase account credits or gift cards (pick projects later):
- Visit DonorsChoose.org/credits (for account credits) or DonorsChoose.org/gifts (for gift cards). Your total donation must be at least $100.
- On the payment screen, choose “other" and then “check.” Then click “place my donation.
- After clicking “place my donation,” the system will generate a unique Donation ID for your donation. Write this Donation ID on your check; this allows us to match your check with your donor account.
When your check arrives, we’ll add credits to your account or create your gift cards (depending on what you’ve purchased) and notify you via email.
To use your QCD towards specific projects now:
- Find projects you'd like to support and add them to your cart. Your total donation must be at least $100.
- On the payment screen, choose “other” and then “check.” Then click “place my donation.” Our system will remember your check pledge, but will not indicate any donations on the projects until your check arrives, - in the meantime, the projects will remain open for funding.
- After you click “place my donation,” you will be on a screen which shows you a donation ID. Write the Donation ID on the check.
When your check arrives, we’ll apply your donation to the projects you’ve selected. If, by that time, the project you selected has been fully funded or needs a smaller amount than your pledge, we’ll deposit any remaining amount into your donor account as credits.
We’ll notify you by email once your check arrives, and let you know exactly how your donation was allocated so that you can choose new projects to support if needed.
Gift cards, account credits, and promo codes may not be redeemed when pledging a check.
Looking for other ways to support teachers and classrooms? Check out our guide to strategic giving!