Update 03/16/21 8PM EST: All the funding for #FillEveryShelf has been distributed to eligible projects, and no new donations will be matched.
Starting at 7:00 AM ET on March 16th, new donations to all live, approved book and digital resource projects on DonorsChoose will be automatically doubled while funds last, until $1 million in donations is matched. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation, and so on.
Here’s how teachers can qualify for the match:
- Have a live, approved project on our site requesting books, e-books, or digital resources.
- If you already have a live, approved books project on DonorsChoose, you’re all set!
- If you have a live, approved project requesting only digital resources (like Brainpop or TeachersPayTeachers gift cards) from our vendors, you’re all set.
- If you’d like to submit a project to qualify for the match, submit your project ASAP for the best chance to have it approved and live on our site by March 16th.
- The match will be available from 7:00 AM ET on March 16th until $1 million has been matched.
- Some projects may qualify for other match offers; in that case, those projects will receive the match for which they currently qualify, instead of the #FillEveryShelf match.
- You do not need to apply a campaign code to qualify for this match. Request all books or all digital resources to ensure your project qualifies, and you'll see the match appear on 3/16 automatically.
What donations will receive the match?
Donations made to qualifying projects starting 7AM ET March 16th, 2021 will be eligible for the match. Once $1 million has been matched on qualifying projects, this match offer will end.
- Credit card, PayPal, account credit, and gift card donations to live projects will be eligible for this match. Check donations and donor advised funds will not receive the match.
- Donations made before a project is live (when it’s in the friends and family pre-funding stage) will be matched only if an eligible project is approved on March 16th.
Have questions? We’ve got answers.
How will I know if my project qualifies for the #FillEveryShelf match?
There are several ways to know that your project will qualify for the #FillEveryShelf match:
- If the resources you requested are categorized as books, it’ll qualify for #FillEveryShelf! Look for the Books label on the left side of your live project.
- OR If you are requesting only digital resources your project will qualify for the match.
If your project qualifies for the match, you’ll see the #FillEveryShelf logo automatically appear on your project on March 16th. You’ll also receive an email from our team to let you know when the #FillEveryShelf match has begun for your project, but we aren’t able to predict how long it will last.
Please note, the match offer won’t appear on your project during Friends and Family Pre-funding, and donations made during that time will only be matched if your project is approved before or during the #FillEveryShelf timeframe.
What exactly is a book project?
A project is automatically categorized as “books” if the project’s cost is mostly made up of books. If, however, you have a project live on our site that you think is a book project, but you don’t see the Books label on the right side of your project, let us know.
Will audio books and electronic books qualify?
Audiobooks, e-books, and e-readers all qualify for the #FillEveryShelf match! However, other technology resources won’t.
What about software to boost reading comprehension?
Reading comprehension software will qualify for this match.
Will magazines and newspapers qualify?
Yup! Both paper and online subscriptions are categorized as book projects.
What about if the book is for me, and not my students?
Professional development book projects are eligible for this match.
I don’t have a live book project on the site right now. Can I submit one today and qualify for the match?
You are welcome to submit a book project now, but we cannot guarantee that our volunteer teacher screeners will be able to approve it in time for the match. Submit a project today for your best chance to qualify. Looking for some project inspiration? Check out these classic books you can request for your students.
For #FillEveryShelf this year, there are $1 million available in matching funds for live, approved projects. We’ll update this page the amount of funds remaining for this match offer throughout the day on March 16th until 10 PM EST. Check back here for updates:
Update 7 AM ET: The #FillEveryShelf match has begun!
Update 10 AM ET: There is about 75% of the #FillEveryShelf match offer remaining!
Update 1 PM ET: There is about 50% of the #FillEveryShelf match offer remaining!
Update 4 PM ET: There is about 25% of the #FillEveryShelf match offer remaining!
Update 6 PM ET: There is about 10% of the #FillEveryShelf match offer remaining!
Update 7 PM ET: There is about 5% of the #FillEveryShelf match offer remaining! We'll update this HC article as soon as all funds have been allocated to projects.
Update 8 PM ET: All the funding for this match offer has been distributed to eligible projects, and no new donations will be matched.