What kind of match?
Starting January 25th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- Teach at a public school or public charter school in the School District of Philadelphia
- Teach in a Pre-K - 3rd grade classroom
- Create a project requesting materials that will help your students’ literacy and language skills
- Select a subject area under the section Literacy & Language
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite literature and literacy projects:
- Books by Two Patricia Authors, by Ms. McGettigan
- Socially Distanced Phonics, by Ms. Brooks
- Adding Some Fun to Virtual Literacy, by Ms. Young
With thanks to the William Penn Foundation
The William Penn Foundation’s Great Learning program seeks to ensure that all Philadelphia children have access to high-quality learning opportunities, with a focus on early learning and literacy. Find more ways to support Philadelphia schools at Philly FUNDamentals