Update: This funding opportunity has resumed!
Starting April 17th, 2023, you can earn a $200 Classroom Reward for teaching a lesson on artificial intelligence using the Alexa Skills Inventor program with a class of at least 20 high school students.
How to qualify for the rewards
- You teach grades 9-12.
- Sign up for the Alexa Skills Inventor program here. Once you create a Teacher Account, you’ll be able to create Student Accounts and review provided lesson plan materials.
- Optional: Complete Teacher Training with Amazon Future Engineer prior to the Day of AI. You’ll receive an additional Amazon Gift Card and a certificate of PD completion. Sign up here.
- Teach the Day of AI with the Alexa Skills Inventor Lesson (created by Amazon’s partner ProjectSTEM) with at least 20 high school students. In order to be considered for the reward, all students must code on the platform and if students need to share devices, there should be a maximum of two students per device. Review these lesson materials below or use links provided in the MIT App Inventor Platform.
- Required: Use the provided lesson plan and slide deck. You can choose to use the student worksheet if you’d like, also.
- Once you’ve finished the lesson with your students, fill out this survey reflecting on the process. Your responses will be shared with the Amazon Future Engineer team.
- Once we review and approve your survey submission, we will send you a $200 DonorsChoose.org gift code. Expect to receive your gift code within 3 weeks of submitting the survey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What if my students need to share devices?
No more than 2 students should share a device and username.
Q. Is there a device requirement?
No specific devices are required for this — you only need the Chrome internet browser. Phones or laptops all work.
Q. How will I receive my gift code?
The $200 DonorsChoose gift code will come from the DonorsChoose team. If you completed the optional Teacher Training with Amazon Future Engineer, the Amazon gift card will come directly from Amazon.